lunes, 3 de noviembre de 2008

North, South, East, and West



I'm lost
What should I do?

YOU NEED A MAP

I need a clue

(You know how to read a map?)

Flower shape, easy to see
Letters N, W, S and E
Why does this help?
and tell me now
What does it mean?

IT'S A COMPASS ROSE

(The compass rose shows
North, South, East and West)

North and South, well now I know
East and West, which way they go
What do you call these four main directions?

THE CARDINAL DIRECTIONS

Intermediate directions would be
North
east, Southeast and so on...

How far is it from here to there?
Can we measure distance to anywhere?

(The map size is smaller than the real world)

LOOK FOR THE SCALE

(The scale is like a little ruler
that helps you measure distances between places)


A little lost (A little lost)
I'm getting clues (He's getting clues)

FROM A MAP (From a map)

That I got from you


Dots, triangles, colors and many lines
What do all these things define?
I see a tiny airplane, and what is this star?

THESE ARE SYMBOLS

(An airplane shows the airport, a star is a Capital city)


How did you know what the symbols are?
When you're driving around like in a car?
Can you find it on the map?
and
Where will it be?

USE THE MAP KEY

(The map key tells you what the symbols mean)


This map doesn't show the entire place
I know that it's part of a bigger space
Could it be from England, Iraq or Mexico?

LOOK FOR THE INSET

(The inset is a small map that's a more detailed view
of part of the main map)

/ I was lost (He was lost)
But I learned something new (Something new)

HOW TO READ A MAP (How to read a map)

And I thank you! /

;-)



Note:
Smaller
is the oppossite of
Bigger

.La terminación -er en los adjetivos
significa más...

Más pequeño: Smaller
Más grande: Bigger


.

No hay comentarios: