martes, 8 de febrero de 2011

We're Going to be Friends - White Stripes




Fall is here, hear the yell
back to school, ring the bell
brand new shoes, walking blues
climb the fence, books and pens
/ I can tell that we are gonna be friends /

Walk with me, Suzy Lee
through the park and by the tree
we will rest upon the ground
and look at all the bugs we found
/ Then safely walk to school without a sound /

Well here we are, no one else
we walked to school all by ourselves
there's dirt on our uniforms
from chasing all the ants and worms
/ We clean up and now it's time to learn /

Numbers, letters, learn to spell
nouns and books and show and tell
at playtime we will throw the ball
back to class, through the hall
/ Teacher marks our height against the wall /


And we don't notice any time pass
we don't notice anything
we sit side by side in every class
teacher thinks that I sound funny
but she likes the way you sing


Tonight I'll dream while I'm in bed
when silly thoughts go through my head
about the bugs and alphabet
and when I wake tommorow I'll bet
that you and I will walk together again
/ ('Cause) I can tell that we are gonna be friends /


.

No hay comentarios: