lunes, 4 de enero de 2010

Tongue Twisters

Tongue Twisters (Niveles Básico e Intermedio)



Purple Paper People
(x3)

I scream
you scream
we all scream for ice cream!

I thought a thought.
But the thought I thought
wasn't the thought I thought I thought.

Betty bought some butter
but the butter was bitter
so Betty bought some better butter
to make the bitter butter better.

I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish
but if you wish the wish the witch wishes
I won't wish the wish you wish to wish.

She sells sea shells by the sea shore.
The shells she sells are surely seashells.
So if she sells shells on the seashore,
I'm sure she sells seashore shells.

If you understand, say "understand".
If you don't understand, say "don't understand".
But if you understand and say "don't understand".
How do I understand that you understand?
Understand?


Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
Did Peter Piper pick a peck of pickled peppers?
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

Can you can a can as a canner can can a can?

I saw Susie sitting in a shoe shine shop.
Where she sits she shines
and where she shines she sits.

Why do you cry, Willy?
Why do you cry?
Why, Willy?
Why, Willy?
Why, Willy?
Why?





Tongue Twister (Nivel Avanzado)

Name Game - Laura Branigan



Come on everybody

I say now let's play a game

I bet you I can make a rhyme

out of anybody's name


The first letter of the name

I treat you like it wasn't there
But a 'B' or an 'F'

or an 'M' will appear


And then I say:


'Bo' add a 'B' then I say the name

Then 'Bonana Fanna' and a 'Fo'

And then I say the name again with an 'F' very plain
then a 'Fee Fi' and a 'Mo'
And then I say the name again with an 'M' this time
And there isn't any name that I can't rhyme



OK Let's do Tony!

Tony, Tony

Bo-Bony, Bonana

Fanna Fo-Fony

Fee Fi

Mo-Mony


Tony!



Now was good, Let's try Katie!

Katie Katie

Bo-Batie, Bonana

Fanna Fo-Fatie

Fee Fi

Mo-Matie


Katie!



But if the first two letters are ever the same
You drop them both then say the name


Like Bob, Bob, drop the 'B's go Bo-bo
Or Hugh, Hugh, drop the 'H' go "ugh"


Mary, Mary, drop the 'M' Mo-Mary
That's the only rule that is contrary



OK everybody, now say: Bo!

(Bo!)


Now Tony with a 'B'

(Bony!)


Now 'Bonana Fanna Fo'

(Bonana Fanna Fo!)


Then you say the name again with an 'F'

very plain

(Fony!)


Then a Fee Fi and a 'Mo'

(Fee Fi Mo!)


Then you say the name with an 'M' this time

(Mony!)


There isn't any name that I can't rhyme



Let's do Doug!
Doug, Doug

Bo-Boug, Bonana

Fanna Fo-Foug

Fee Fi

Mo-Moug


Doug!



Now you got it, Joanie!
Joanie, Joanie

Bo-Bonie, Bonana

Fanna Fo-Fonie

Fee Fi

Mo-Monie


Joanie!



A little trick with Rick!

Rick, Rick

Bo-Bick, Bonana

Fanna Fo-Fick

Fee Fi

Mo-Mick



(Instrumental Break)



But if the first two letters are ever the same
You drop them both then say the name


Like Bob, Bob, drop the 'B's go Bo-bo
Or Hugh, Hugh, drop the 'H' go 'ugh'


Mary, Mary, drop the 'M' Mo-Mary
That's the only rule that is contrary



OK everybody, Let's try David!

David, David

Bo-Bavid, Bonana

Fanna Fo-Favid

Fee Fi

Mo-Mavid


David!



That was great!, try Larry!
Larry, Larry

Bo-Barry, Bonana

Fanna Fo-Farry

Fee Fi

Mo-Marry


Larry!



OK now try Linda!
Linda, Linda

Bo-Binda, Bonana

Fanna Fo-Finda

Fee Fi

Mo-Minda


Linda!



A little trick with Nick!
Nick, Nick

Bo-Bick, Bonana

Fanna Fo-Fick

Fee Fi

Mo-Mick


Nick!



.



No hay comentarios: