lunes, 11 de abril de 2011

Turkey in the Straw - The Korn Kobblers (1942)



Me encanta esta tonada...

No se, pero me parece magistral
y me recuerda a Popeye,
al Gallo Claudio
e inclusive al Show de Benny Hill.

;-)






Oh, I had a girl and she was good
But one of her legs was made of wood
Her hair was false and her teeth was too
And there wasn't much for me to do


Turkey in the straw, A Turkey in the hay!
A Turkey in the straw, what did you say?.. Hey!

Roll 'em up and twist 'em up a high tuck a-haw
And hit 'em up a tune called "Turkey in the Straw"


My wife says I'm just like a goose
'Cause I chew snooze to beat the dooze*
She said: What's the use of chewing the snooze
When you got to spit out most the juice?


A Turkey in the straw, a Turkey in the grass
A Turkey in the straw, I get A kick out of this

Roll 'em up and twist 'em up, a high tuck a-haw
And hit 'em up a tune called "Turkey in the Straw"



* dooze = "chewing tobacco" and "snooze = "sleep".

Letra encontrada en:
http://www.cocojams.com/content/american-banjo-fiddle-songs



.

No hay comentarios: