viernes, 20 de agosto de 2010

Yes! - Chad Brock




She moved into my old apartment
That's how we got this whole thing started
She called and said that I had mail
Waiting there for me

I told her that I'd come and get it
How could I know in just a minute
That I'd be standing face to face
With my own destiny

Oh and we sat there talking just like we're old friends
Oh then I asked her:
Can I see you again?


She said, "YES"
and I said, "Wow"
And she said, "When"
and I said, "How about right now"
Love can't wait
then I asked if she believed in fate
And she said, "YES"


The days flew by just like a fast train
And nothing else has been on my brain
Except the thought of how she makes me
The man I wanna be

She's the one I want for a million reasons
Loving her is just like breathing
It's easy and it's obvious
She was made for me

Oh then it happened one night looking in her eyes
And oh when I popped the question
Much to my surprise


(Chorus)


So we called the preacher, family and friends
And nothing's been the same since she said, "YES"
and I said "Wow"
And she said, "When" and I said, "How about right now"
Love can't wait then I asked if she believed in fate
And she said, "YES"
She said, "YES"


__________ _ __________


En español es fácil confundir las palabras
Si y
y a algunos estudiantes
eso los lleva a confundirlas en el Inglés.

El con tilde es el famoso YES.

Fácil... ¿ o No? ;- )



el otro...
el Si sin tilde
se usa
( hablando comparativamente entre ambos idiomas)
para oraciones hipotéticas:

Si yo 'tuviela' un palacio, allí tu 'selías' la 'leina'
(¿Recuerdan la canción?)


... o condicionales:


... O como conjunción interrogativa,
tal como lo menciona la canción de Chad Brock:

... Le pregunté Si creía en el destino...



.

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

Profe, esta muy bacano su blog, ya entendi la diferencia entre si y si jjeje Gracias

John Fredy Gomez